Thursday, June 28, 2012

Something New, Something Different.. Something Good, Something Bad..

Hey Delight users.. 

Today I want to announce my future road about Delight series and it surely would somehow make few or most of Delight users unhappy.. of course that doesn't make me happy at all as I used to love the love and affection I was getting from you guys because of Delight firmwares.. It was something I did for the first time and I never thought that it would be cherished so much.. and that's the main reason I am feeling quite low announcing that I am moving on to Android this time ... 

Despite how much I wanted to stay with Symbian and get a new 808 I just couldn't like it.. I read so many reviews, so many praising posts and yet as soon as I get it in my hands couple of times, both times it had Purple tint issue.. Few of you already know about my bad experience with it and so I don't want to face that again.

It is a great device but perhaps I was expecting much more that just great device.., it hasn't got awesomeness in it which I was expecting .. Anyways I won't say anything negative about it coz I know few of you already got it and few of you are planning to get it.. Well if I had enough money, I would have certainly get it as well as the one I am planning to get.. but unfortunately I don't and thus I will have to leave Symbian for the moment.

I am moving on to Android this time and since this will be my first time with Android, I am in no state to declare which is better and why, nor I have any plans to do that in future.. Of course I am moving on to Android expecting something better in mind but still, Symbian will still be my first love despite moving on to other OS.. 

Delight was a wonderful experience and perhaps after a lot of reading and learning I might release something Delightful for Android users in future too but right now I am a noob and I have a lot to learn about it.

What will happen to Delight ...??

Well clearly there won't be any Delight custom firmware release for Nokia 808, perhaps a last good bye gift for N8 users once Nokia officially release their firmware.. I will discuss with my teammate and Delight translator if he could keep Delight alive and release future versions as he is getting 808 himself.. 

That'll be all for now.., if there is any change of plans which I doubt, I will post on this blog.. 

You guys can still contact me if you need any help and I will try to answer most of the times.


24 comments:

  1. dont you worry, a lot of people its already doing this, its not our fault symbian its being left behind, its how nokia let things happens. Have fun, and enjoy android wich is a great OS. Good luck. btw, im still using delight on my N8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully understand it. Thank you very much for the wonderfull firmware you made. The N8 still runs Delight 5.2, haven't come across a better one so hats off.

    Have fun with Android :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wot android device are you looking at gettin soni.... will follow you for sure if you start makin roms ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the cfw so good, I hope you enjoy your new phone and if we want to give an update of delight, would be very good.un greeting from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is a bit disappointing but It's not surprising when we take your struggles with nokia care etc. And yeah, when you spend your money, you want to spend it well :) Thanks for all the delights and hope to see something new some time. Maybe if you make something for android, then it'll be worth to make a change for us as well.
    Cheers!
    BTW. What are you buying? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all.. I will have Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sad for not getting new delight for now.i also got samsung galaxy gt-i9003 android phone,experience is really bad as i also not smart enough to go on with android.Too many good application on Google play as well as samsung apps which i think nokia store is way too behind of it.Still having nokia n8 and i will sell my samsung
    & keep going with n8 till further good phone launched.Pureview is definitely good but lots of negative reviews for it so still in dilemma.I don't like samsung any handset dont know why bt really feature & handling wise it pathetic.Any way ashok plz let me know how was ur experience with samsung galaxy s |||.Good luck for future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got it yet, may be next week.. Let me know how you found it's pathetic and I might help you .. I am still new to Android but since last week I have been reading a lot and a lot so learned so much about it.. Still it's a long way ahead .. I tested in one of the showroom and fall in love with it and now as Jelly Bean is on the way I guess my experience will be more wonderful.. I am trying to be all positive about it.. Let's see now.. :)

      Delete
  8. where you saw the purple dye at 808?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On whole screen.. Easiest method is to set your brightness to maximum and light out time to 5 seconds.. Then wait till lights go out and then touch on your screen anywhere.. your whole screen turns to dark purple and then instantly everything returns to normal.. Well just for those 2 seconds I hate this Purple tint.., also you would see that same problem in your videos, pictures and other areas ..

      Delete
    2. Not all 808s have this issue - mine doesn't (although I have seen one that does, a bit)

      Delete
    3. I know not all of them has this issue and that's why I suggest everyone to first check the fault at the showroom itself and if it has, replace it at the moment as later Nokia hesitant to do that..

      Delete
  9. No Good Soni
    People were looking forward in following you with there 808 P V

    I suppose you will get new followers from the Robots team

    I will still buy an 808
    & maybe a S111 too
    I like your work
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not good, I myself would have wanted to stay with Symbian till it's last time just simple because it's easy to handle but I don't have enough money to buy two phones this moment and for what I have, I want something more than 808's capabilities.. Sometimes you got to move on to new paths even if in the beginning they look different or scary.. Wish I could do something for 808 users too.. I would have loved that.. Seriously..

      Delete
  10. hi ashok , once again am really thankfull for what u have done for nokia n8 ....lot new firmware around with new browser and all new stuffs from symbian belle fp1 ...but delight 5.2 is still best !!! ...i hope we will have new delight with fp1 features as a last gift from u r side ....about android and that to on s3 ..its awesome am using it omega kitchen and over all good exp....but i still love symbian as far as goes there only lacking is nokia store and live based widgets as compair to android but its on the top other basics as "easy to use ...true multitasking etc." ....anyway welcome to android but please continue u r good work on n 8 atleast as its a gr8 one till the date bcoz of u !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try my best to give that last firmware the last time.. and as I said earlier, yes I still love Symbian.. I am not like those people who move on from Symbian to Android and become Android fanboys and start cursing Symbian.. Well right now I love Symbian and I will always .. even if I start loving Android, I won't hate Symbian just because I start using Android..

      and yes, Android is not that easy as Symbian is but I guess I got enough experience in Mobile world where now I can try different stuff.. so why not Android itself..

      I don't have any N8 with me now so I can't make custom firmware anymore for N8., even the last one I am planning to release as a good bye gift will be a huge task but I will still do just for Delight fans ..

      Delete
  11. I understand your sentiments - I have the 808 and think it's a fantastic phone. However, I think the galaxy s3 is a different class. These advanced android phones obviously have a lot of advantages regarding application variety, desktop web browsing power, big/high resolution screens and general 'computing utility'...
    The ideal scenario is to have both - a Nokia 808 and a high-end android :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup., that's a dream to have both.. but it's an expensive dream ;)

      Delete
  12. What if more people donated for your Great work
    What if your great followers just gave a few dollars each
    then maybe you could afford 2 phones
    Remember this was your dream for a very long time
    Cheers
    Gaz

    Come on all of you people out there that are using Soni's hard work give a little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that would have been great I guess.. I had a lot to do with 808 in mind.. It's lovely to see that few Delight users are still keen to have Delight on their 808..

      How about a pledge page for 808 for me..? Will that be too much?

      If it's acceptable, I can start something like that and then let's see how it'll go..

      Delete
    2. Something like this..
      http://pledgie.com/campaigns/17736

      Delete
  13. hey soni,
    It's been awhile.
    Thanks again for giving us such wonderful experience on Delight.
    Same here, trying something different ... I'm playing with the biggy N7000.
    Maybe a Delight ICS soon? haha ... oops no OT on Symbian thread :)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice.. Enjoy mate.. I am coming on board soon.. :)

      Delete
  14. Hats off to you for Delight series
    Welcome to Android bro :)

    ReplyDelete